[thelist] History of domain registration

Roel Mulder r.mulder at mta.nl
Tue Nov 4 05:21:47 CST 2003

Hi all,
In januari 2003 we registered a .com domain. Yesterday we received an
e-mail of someone claiming they registered it prior to ourselves and
wanting to open up negotiations towards reclaiming it.

 > Unfortunately due to techincial problems between the original registrar
(corp1)
 > and corp2 Ltd we were unable to reregister the domain when it was due for
 > renewal and it now seems that you have registered the domain.

Tough for them.
Question : Is there a place where I can check their claim of the domainname
being registered to them prior our registration?

The domain has since januari been directed to one of our websites, it
doesn't generate tarffic worth mentioning, we haven't received any mail
(spam included) so _if_ they ever had it registered they haven't used it.
Google's cash won't help.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Roel Mulder