[thelist] Re: Language Detection vrs. Splash Screen

Mike Combs mike at combsnet.com
Tue Nov 4 12:56:43 CST 2003

Hi Kent,

Perhaps you could register the ".fr" version of the domain and allow French
users to access that way.  Apache supports some mod rewrite commands that
might be useful in this.

Overall, I prefer detecting the browser preference over having a splash
screen.  But for users who don't know about it, you could have a
English/French flag button that could override, or simply give them
instructions on changing the browser preference.