[thelist] Protecting Portfolio Images Online WATERMARK

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 01:34:41 CST 2003

At 23:08 04/11/2003, patrick wrote

>No, there is not a way to do this. Check the archives -- this comes up
>quarterly. If it is web-accessible, it is downloadable.
>If I am viewing your page in my browser, all of the files are on my hard
>drive (in the cache) already.
>

>The watermark is a better idea.

I agree

Even if you set a mouseover image over the image to stop "theright one" it
being loaded
via <mouseover>right click><save as>

OR set the image as a table background

OR set the image to be a composite in a table of 2 or 4 images

OR embed the image in the background

They will still be able to source your images from the HTML :)

You can even do a SCREEN DUMP from a viewing of a FLASH file of your images
(.SWF files can be back
engineered AFAIK to extract frames)

Make the watermark so conspicuous as to make any saving a waste of time OR
make the
image so low res it is useless

FB