[thelist] setAttribute setting events

Mike Stenhouse mailers at donotremove.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 11:17:11 CST 2003

Hi all,

I've been struggling with this for a day now and I just can't get it to
work... What I'm trying to do is write a little script that will go
through and collapse the text within each div.charge on the page and
make the div's h3 a link to expand the content. I've got almost all of
this working but I just can't find a way to make the
setAttribute("onmouseup") work across the browsers.

I've tried about half a dozen methods of setting the attribute but none
of them has worked for both IE and Moz. Could anyone help me???

Only works in IE:
aH3s[j].getElementsByTagName("a")[0].setAttribute("onmouseup", new
Function("hideCharges("+nNodeID+");"));

Only works in Moz:
aH3s[j].getElementsByTagName("a")[0].setAttribute("onmouseup",
"hideCharges('"+nNodeID+"')");

Page:
http://www.donotremove.co.uk/extra/interent/prices.html

TIA!

Mike

Web Developer / Web Designer (Amongst Other Things)
www.donotremove.co.uk <http://www.donotremove.co.uk/>