[thelist] pdf's & Bookmarks

Pearson, John JOHN.PEARSON at eia.doe.gov
Fri Nov 7 15:48:37 CST 2003

Yes you can, in your hyperlink from the html file use something to the
effect of:

Go to a page page=page_number The page number must be an inte-ger.
A PDF file's first page has a page
number of 1.

to open the document to a particular
page or destination or set it to open with bookmarks displayed. To include
one
of these action commands with your <HREF> link, type a number sign (#) and
then the command immediately after the PDF filename.

 |  |
 |  |
 |  | on 7/11/03 5:21 pm, Brian W. Reaves at
 | brian at brianreaves.com wrote:
 |  |
 |  | > Right, I should have worded my question better. I know
 | how to use
 |  | > bookmarks, but I am interested in knowing how to link to a
 |  | particular
 |  | > location on a page I do not own. So I don't have access to
 |  | add the <a
 |  | > name=""></a> to the page, it's not mine.
 |  |
 |  | Unless the page has anchor tags, you are not going to be
 |  | able to do it.
 |  |
 |  | If you need content from another page, you could approach
 |  | the author and ask
 |  | if you can take a copy to publish on your site..
 |  |
 |  | --
 |  | Mike Karthauser
 |  | Managing Director - Brightstorm Ltd
 |  |
 |  | Email       >> mikek at brightstorm.co.uk
 |  | Web         >> http://www.brightstorm.co.uk
 |  | Tel         >> 0117 9426653 (office)
 |  |                07939 252144 (mobile)
 |  |
 |  | Snailmail   >> Unit 8, 14 King Square,
 |  |                Bristol BS2 8JJ
 |  |
 |  | --
 |  | * * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
 |  | http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
 |  |
 |  | For unsubscribe and other options, including the Tip Harvester
 |  | and archives of thelist go to: http://lists.evolt.org
 |  | Workers of the Web, evolt !
 |  |