[thelist] IE Update - A Golden Opportunity?

Tim Burgan burgan at iprimus.com.au
Sun Nov 9 21:35:00 CST 2003

Hi Adam,

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 : ----- Original Message -----
 : From: "Adam George"
 :
 : With the new update to IE announced recently
 : (<http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/>), does anyone think
 : Microsoft will take this opportunity to improve IE's CSS
 : support, and/or fix the bugs, or will we have to endure the long
 : wait for Longhorn?
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I was just reading the other day, about how Jeffrey Zeldman, Eric Meyer, and
others approached Microsoft about this very issue - CSS/W3C Standards
improvements.

You can read an intro to this article at Eric Meyer's website [1], or directly
read the article on C|Net [2].

[1] <http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/200310.html#t200310009>
[2] <http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-5088642.html>

I was actually quite angry after I read the article. I just seems like they have
no idea.

I posted this email on the 'CSS Discuss' mailing list [3] that is moderated by
Eric Meyer a few weeks ago. He directly commented by replying this: "Microsoft
may be about to crush the Web, or lead it into a glorious new golden era".

[3] <http://www.css-discuss.org>

Read the above articles
Hope this helps

Tim Burgan