[thelist] IE Update - A Golden Opportunity?

Tim Burgan burgan at iprimus.com.au
Sun Nov 9 22:19:50 CST 2003

Hi,

I assure you that the people mentioned in the articles have met with Microsoft
on numerous occations and I believe some are even on committies with Microsoft.

I understand that web designers are a small minority of IE users, but their
announcement to not implement further standards at the moment is going to have a
very large effect on users also.

If anyone doesn't know the men in the articles, here is a little history behind
two of them.

Jeffery Zeldman is a Web Standards guru and evangelist. He has recently authored
'Designing With Web Standards" [1], the founder of WaSP - 'Web Standards
Project" [2], and is the founder and contributor the the 'A List Apart' online
magazine [3].

[1] <http://www.zeldman.com/dwws/>
[2] <http://www.webstandards.org>
[3] <http://www.alistapart.com>

Eric A. Meyer has been working with the Web since late 1993 and is an
internationally recognized expert on the subjects of HTML and Cascading Style
Sheets (CSS). Eric coordinated the authoring and creation of the W3C's CSS Test
Suite [4] and has recently been acting as List Chaperone of the highly active
css-discuss mailing list [5]. Author of "Eric Meyer on CSS" [6], "Cascading
Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide" [7], "CSS2.0 Programmer's Reference" [8],
and the fairly well-known 'CSS Browser Compatibility Charts' [9]. Eric speaks at
a variety of conferences on the subject of standards, CSS use, and Web design.

[4] <http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/current/>
[5] <http://www.css-discuss.org/>
[6] <http://www.ericmeyeroncss.com/>
[7] <http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/books/css-tdg/>