[thelist] odd IE worm or something..

Lonnie kr43m0r at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 9 23:16:01 CST 2003

> > I have a strange thing happening with my IE on winXP. I've run
> > ad-aware and a full virus scan which has turned up nothing.

> This is a "virus".  It opens a connection to an outside server and acts as
> gateway to allow these popups to be generated at will.
>
> I have seen this on my brother's PC.  The reason I know that it is not RPC
/
> Messenger related is because the PC is behind a NAT firewall.  This means
that
> there is no external method of sending a message via these services.

Michael,

If you *know* this is a virus. And you know what it does and how it
manifests. And you've seen it before on your brother's PC. Then WHAT IS IT?
How is it that you know, but the major anti-virus folks don't? What did your
brother do to get rid of it? If his PC is behind a tight firewall, how did
this virus infect him?

I'll bet many on this list will forego your tip for a bit more information
on what you profess to know about this alleged virus and how it relates to
Tom's problem.