[thelist] Regex and converting HTML tags to lower case

Jonathan Cone JCone at municode.com
Mon Nov 10 06:02:46 CST 2003

>I can identify the tags in regex, but I cannot find any online examples of
>using that info to convert the tags to lower case.
>
>Can anyone help me?  Is it possible to do what I'm trying to accomplish
>with regex?

Bruce,
	DevGuru is a very helpful link with asp code.  This link is the page on RegEx and should be what your looking for.

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/vbscript/quickref/regexp.html

It looks like what you need is the .Replace method.
In your code you would possibly want to do something like this:

strOutput = objRegExp.Replace (objRegExp.Match, lcase(objRegExp.Match))

or something along those lines.  You'll have to check that link and check the syntax (shooting off the cuff with it)

Hope that helps,
		Jonathan