[thelist] architecture question

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 09:59:56 CST 2003

Hi folks,

We have an interesting archtecture for our main site here and I was
wondering if someone could elaborate on whether it was a good, bad or
indifferent type of thing, and if it is common or not.

Things are divided into two groups. On a Weblogic server (the App
server we call it) are jsp pages and associated java files, etc. The
pages are actually .html pages that get processed into jsps (that
part I don't know much about) after some processing for various
things.

On the other side is an IIS web server that serves up all the images,
PDFs and some static files.

I'm wondering why the split, if it makes sense and so on. I've gotten
a couple of half-baked explanations here which did not make sense.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"I'll ho ho and ha ha you!" (Daffy Duck)