[thelist] Native website authentication - IIS 5

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Mon Nov 10 14:27:01 CST 2003

Remember me?  Well...

Ken Schaefer wrote:
> Native Authentication? You mean authenticating using Windows
> usernames/passwords? If so, in the IIS Manager, uncheck "Allow
> Anonymous Authentication", and enable one or more of the other
> options. Integrated Windows Authentication only works for IE clients.
> Basic works for almost all clients, but is relatively insecure (ie
> consider using SSL as well).

Ok, I did this, using Integrated Windows Authentication, and when I go
to the site in IE, I get the pop-up, and I login with what should be
correct information.  But when I click ok, I get a Cannot find server or
DNS Error page.  Any ideas why?