[thelist] htdig

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Tue Nov 11 10:02:34 CST 2003

Diane Soini wrote:
> I've been researching and testing htdig. Does anyone have experience
> with it they could share with me?

I've used ht://Dig for a number of sites, and it's pretty nice. It uses
it's own datafiles, so there's no need for a separate database. I've
used it under *nix based OS's like FreeBSD, Linux, and Mac OS X, but not
Windows.

You might also look at mnoGoSearch, which I've tested but haven't
deployed on any live sites yet.  It does require a database though. I've
used MySQL but I believe it may work with others. There's also a Windows
version of mnoGoSearch if needed.

   <http://search.mnogo.ru/>

Pete