[thelist] Javacript OS-X Like Navigation Bar

Kristof Neirynck k.neirynck at belgacom.net
Wed Nov 12 12:46:07 CST 2003

JWilhelm-thelist wrote:

> A month or two ago someone posted a link to a script he (or she) was working
> on. It was a javascript implementation of a Mac OS-X like navigation bar,
> where the icons smoothly grew when moused-over. Does anyone have that link
> saved somewhere that they could send me?

This was Joshua Olson's idea.
<http://concepts.waetech.com/macdock/>
I had a go at it too.
<http://kristof.f2o.org/test/dock/>

It's slow if you use a lot of "icons".
16 - like I used - is a bit overkill.
It's also slower on non-msie browsers.
event.offsetX and event.offsetY being msie-only.
I've used ppk's great knowledge to fake them, but it isn't quite as fast.

I never realy saw it as a realy usefull thing.
Most Mac OS-X users told me they disabled this feature
It's been compared to "boxing with your computer".

Let me know what you did with it.

--
Kristof