[thelist] OT: Windows 2000 Networking

David Mitchell dave at dbmdata.com
Wed Nov 12 21:04:46 CST 2003

Hey All,

Have a really annoying problem here trying to add a new PC to my network
at home. Here's the problem. I have 4 computers all connected to a
LinkSys router sharing my cable connection. I just added a new computer
tonite running W2k Pro. All the computers can see eachohter except for
the laptop I am typing this email on. This laptop can see all the
existing computers on the network except for the new one,  and all the
other computers can see the new PC except for this laptop. I can also
see the laptop from the computer that I can't see from the laptop, if
you know what I mean. Any ideas? I'm sure you'll need more info, so if
you do please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Dave