[thelist] a portfolio of web work?

Jeniffer C. Johnson lead at offlead.com
Thu Nov 13 08:15:14 CST 2003

Here's a question for folks who make a living doing web work. When someone
asks you to bring a portfolio, just how are you representing your online
work in a physical manner? I've got an online portfolio, with details of my
role in various projects, links to sites I've developed, and in cases where
content is not available to the public online, either copies of some of the
pages, or sample files with sensitive content removed. I work online, and
most often I'm asked for examples of my work online. But I've been asked
for an actual physical portfolio, that I can carry in and put on someone's
desk. I'm not sure just how best to do this, especially since so much of
good web work depends on how well the user can USE the site. I'm not sure
just how best to approach putting stuff on paper, or if there's a better
way to do a physical portfolio of online work.

Jeniffer