[thelist] a portfolio of web work?

Boerner, Brian J brian.j.boerner at lmco.com
Thu Nov 13 08:38:41 CST 2003

You have to tailor your work to the kind of job you're after - IMHO -
"paper" portfolios for a web design position aren't very good at all.
Though you can judge creativity and design skills, prospective employers
will have no other way to guage how well you'll fit in with their
interactive group. Can you code, use CSS, animate, etc.

Interactive portfolios should be on CD or website... and if you feel the
need to carry something into the interview bring a sweet laptop with
your work all cached up and ready to roll.

swag with your URL is an ok thing to leave behind - especially if it's
unique and ties into your site. or just a really well designed business
card is enough - especially if you have a kick-a55 demo

If you're headed for print work or want to do both print and web THEN
you'll need a top-flight site and book.

np "Sun Green", Neil Young