[thelist] MS's Latest Patches Problem

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Nov 17 20:35:53 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Schaefer" <ken at adOpenStatic.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 8:49 PM

> Interesting. Can you still ping localhost?

Yes, no problem there.

> Also, why weren't you using the alias "(local)" (which would map to the
> local machine's name) rather than "localhost", which would (via lmhosts)
map
> to 127.0.0.1?

Old habit I guess.  It's worked without issue until I installed the patch.

I noticed this problem when I created a datasource in CF and when using a
connection string via ASP.  Given that the patch supposedly fixed a hole in
the Data Access Components I feel pretty comfortable saying that this
problem was directly caused by the patch install.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com