[thelist] PHP hosting

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Thu Nov 20 14:21:36 CST 2003

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> I know this question has been asked, but I couldn't find any of the
> threads (note to moderator: the link to the full list archive zip
> file is broken, I was going to search that).
>
> I'm looking for a PHP host that is low priced but full featured.
> Traffic is not much of an issue, but I want to be able to have
> HTACCESS, good customer service and a decent web control panel.

I can recommend http://www.spenix.com (been hosting with them ever since
I got my domain name). Matt is a great guy ... quick prompt responses,
and nothing bad to report. They have a had a few freak accidents (like a
fire) -- but I never noticed any downtime. I've had a few support
requests (install a PERL module, and something about spamassasin), and
they took care of both promptly. The packages have changed a bit since I
first signed up with them, but their service is great.  .htaccess is
allowed, and they use cpanel (which is easy to use). Here are their
version numbers :

Apache : 1.3.29
PERL   : 5.8.0
MySQL  : 4.0.15-standard
PHP    : 4.3.4

You can also try posting a request with your requirement at places like
WHT ( http://www.webhostingtalk.com ) but you'll have to take the

Best of luck
--
Burhan Khalid