[thelist] Learning Site help (though maybe just a frames question that needs a fresh set of eyes)

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Thu Nov 20 16:45:37 CST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the Learning Site Extension for Dreamweaver MX - but
didn't get too far...

I set up a New Learning Site, added some test quiz pages, and everything
is looking good, right? Well, when I preview it in a browser, I get
nothing... Nothing gets rendered (though a view source does reveal that
the frameset code is there, of course).

Is anyone here familiar with Learning Site? Is this a common problem?
Fix?

And, for those who are wondering, here is the frameset's source:

<head>
<title>Learning Site</title>
<script language="JavaScript">
function blank() {
   return "<HTML><BODY></BODY></HTML>"
}
</script>
</head>

<frameset frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0" rows="100,*">
  <frame name="navFrame" src="navigation.htm" frameborder="0"
scrolling="no" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
  <frameset frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0" rows="*,1">
    <frame name="mainFrame" frameborder="0"
src="javascript:parent.blank()">
    <frame name="cmiresults" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0"
src="javascript:parent.blank()">
  </frameset>
  <noframes>
them.</p>
  </noframes>
</frameset>

I have a feeling there might be an errant frameset tag, but having
avoiding them for the past 4 years means I'm a bit rusty... It looks ok
to me tho... (famous last words).

Thanks!

Chris.