[thelist] CD Album Suggestions

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 12:44:56 CST 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:18:15 -0600, Rob Smith <rob.smith at THERMON.com>
wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I received a request to make a CD Album/slide show of about 128 pictures.
> The ultimate goal is to have the users stick the CD into their computer
> and
> have it play.
>
> What display formats would you choose to go with? Fading, music, hard
> images
> switching? Have any examples of .exe's, etc?

What sort of quality?

If you want bitmap digital quality then I'd suggest multimedia builder,
which, while feature rich, can be used at a very simplistic level. [1]
(Autorun CD exe for PC)

If quality is not such an issue, but ease of use for the end viewer is,
why not go for a VCD/DVD album?

What used to be picturetotv and is now memoriestotv[2] is very ease to
use, just select images, select transitions add soundtrack?  decide on a
menu and click the burn to disc button.

the resultant disk (DVD or CDR) will play on any DVD player (domestic or
PC)

hth

Tony

[1]http://www.mediachance.com/oldindex.html