[thelist] Finding Past Version of a Website

Kae Verens kverens at contactjuggling.org
Fri Nov 21 13:40:19 CST 2003

Nate Koechley wrote:
> this might help. it's a pretty impressive effort.
>
> http://www.archive.org/

they have an interesting feature... I was looking for an older version
of my site contactjuggling.org, but was told that the site was not
archived because I had a fully exclusive robots.txt. I then removed that
file (only yesterday...), and suddenly, the archive had files back to
2000! I wonder if they actually respect the robots.txt, or ignore it
"just in case" the site becomes publicly searchable...

Kae