[thelist] Still getting hujacked

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 05:35:07 CST 2003

At 11:18 22/11/2003, Ken Moore wrote
>Hi all,
>
>I am still having my home page hijacked when I open IE. I have used Spybot
>and Spywareblaster. What can I do to evict them?

http://www.spywarekilla.com/ etc

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/bhblaster.html worth a look?

SO change the registry back

reboot

see what comes up?

do you get the same page as homepage everytime you open IE

[ I guess you are not saying the physical page on the server is "gone"? ]
think you must have something in the registry somewheres? or look for a
javascript .js working

HKEY Current User
Software
Microsoft
Internet Explorer
Start Page

SO load the "logger"

set your preferred page via the MSIE menu

  relauch MSIE after loading the "logger" or reboot

see what "did it"

FB