[thelist] print button thoughts

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 08:24:56 CST 2003

At 14:12 25/11/2003, Brian W. Reaves wrote
>Has anyone had any success at deterring a client from adding a "print this
>page" feature on a site. Most sites content pages can be bookmarked and
>returned too. For content that can't be returned too, perhaps we should
>educate users on how to save a copy of a page on their computer.

YES

I successfully argued (and rightly so) that a PDF version of the pages
content would more guarantee the quality of the end
  result rather than being a hostage to the wildcards that are the
viewing/printing facilities of the viewer when the page is
output from HTML to paper!!!

If you tell them their porduct will look pants if you let the viewer print
out your page off the web it works wonders!!!!

FB