[thelist] Flash MX Action Script HELP NEEDED!

muinar evolt at muinar.com
Thu Nov 27 07:58:47 CST 2003

At 17:30 26.11.03, you wrote:
>I have a map of the United States. Each state is it's own button. I am
>trying to program it so that when a user clicks on a state, the
>abbreviation for that state is placed in a text field below the map. So,
>if a user clicks on Georgia, California, and Colorado, then in a text
>field below the map, the user would see GA, CA, and CO.
>
>I am trying to use the LoadVariable in the action scripting, but I am
>having no luck.
>
>Could someone help me. It would be much appreciated!

Hi Shae

(Hoping that I understand it correctly  ;)

Give the text field a variable name, for instance, _root.country

Then, in each button, create an action that sets the variable

_root.country = "GA";
_root.country = "CA";
_root.country = "CO";

... et voilà, you should see it immediately in the text field.

Mike

_____  mike s. krischker  muinar internet studios
        flashpro mailing list founder/owner/admin
        http://flash-list.com/  mailto:listadmin at muinar.org