[thelist] Flash/memory question

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 27 22:51:00 CST 2003

Hi, I know this isn't a Flash list, but I thought I would ask anyway.
It seems when I'm using Flash (MX), either developing or running Flash
apps in a browser, that Flash seems to eat up practically all my CPU
and everything comes to a screeching halt -- a second or two between
mouse clicks. The Process Viewer shows Flash is using 50-60% of CPU,
and the browser running a Flash app is running about 25-30% CPU.

I have a G3 laptop with OSX 10.2, 640MB RAM.

The old Mac OS would let you set the memory allocation, but I'm not
sure what to do with the new Mac. I did Get Info on Flash MX and saw
that there were boxes to set the memory but I was not able to edit
them. I'm the only user/admin on my computer, so I'm not sure why I
couldn't edit this, unless it's just there for Classic mode.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any way to fix it?