[thelist] page breaking css

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 04:45:22 CST 2003

Hi y'all

I've got a print css working but IE6 puts a page break in the middle of an
image, splitting it across two pages. Mozilla 1.5 only prints one page,
but that's another story.

Does anyone have a 'best practice' idea for how to stop page breaks
happening in the middle of an image?

page-break-inside: avoid only applies to block level elements. I put the
image in a div but that didn't work. I guess I could class the paragraph
the image floats within something different and stop page breaks there,
but that  requires manual intervention on all the paragraphs .. there
should be something better than that.

Any clues?

Cheers