[thelist] Phone Systems for Work-at-Homes/One Phone Line

Ryan Tames rytames at telusplanet.net
Mon Dec 1 04:47:38 CST 2003

On 30 Nov 2003 at 16:45, Gina Anderson wrote:

Hi, I use an old windows 3.1 application called Cheyenne Bitware:

It allows custom phone messages, fax handeling, voice mail,
multiple mail boxes, it even has caller id display, terminal connections
over the phone line ( think: old BBS, kermet, xmodem transmission, etc) etc.

anyway i got it free with my 56k voice modem, and its quite a few years old.

my main problem is, it is not as configurable as i would like (but i think
it would awesome to beable to surf the web from any land line via analog data
connection, or pushing phone buttons, or even voice parsing "search for [recipe]").