[thelist] uploaded files not readable

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Mon Dec 1 18:27:07 CST 2003

Hi there,

Another problem, but this time my own :o)

I've made a page that lets me upload an image via a form. I then
manipulate the images using Imagemagick.

100% of the images are uploaded, but only 90% of the images are
'readable' by my scripts.

If I do:
file_exists('./original/'.$new_file_name);
then only about 90% of them return true - all the others fail (and the
files are certainly up there, I can see them).

I've checked and every image has the same CHMOD details and they're all
the same file type (JPEG). I can't find any difference between the
readable ones and the non-readable ones.

The problem is persistant and file specific - so if an image isn't
readable on upload now, then it doesn't matter how many times I try
uploading it, it'll never be readable.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

I have to go live to a client on wednesday AM and they're not going to
be too happy about losing 10% of their images :o(

Thanks very much again, and sorry to hit the list with two questions on
one evening.

Cheers - Dunstan

<tip type="css">
This list of CSS selectors is very handy when trying to figure out the
most efficient way of targeting something:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/CR-css3-selectors-20011113/
</tip>

Dorset, England
Work: http://www.1976design.com/