[thelist] CSS and phones

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 1 20:24:50 CST 2003

On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 12:49 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> Diane Soini wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to hide CSS from my phone's Symbian
>> browser.
>

> may I ask why?
>
> --
>  ------------------------------
> 	Paul Bennett
> 	Internet Developer
> 	Teltest Electronic Design

My phone can browse XHTML files and I wanted to fool around with that
and see how it works. The reason I wanted to hide the CSS is because a
3 column layout is too wide for the phone's screen size. I wanted the
phone to receive the basic stylesheet that has no columns, the same
stylesheet the older browsers receive. Then the content would have an
apperance more like the basic text browser, with the associated simpler
UI.

Diane