[thelist] Remote Access Software

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Dec 4 10:48:25 CST 2003

> >Anyone know of any freeware remote access software that
> works and will run
> >on Windows 2K?
> >
> http://www.tightvnc.com/

Incredible. I downloaded and installed this software and it worked right out
of the box. I put the server software on one machine, the viewer on another,
entered the IP address of the server machine into the viewer app and
bingo--I had a second Windows desktop.

Interestingly, I also use Windows Terminal Server to connect to a certain
server. Terminal Server creates a unique logon and session, with a unique
desktop. VNC (TightVNC) simply duplicates the existing desktop and allows
dual control.

Both methods have their advantages. :)

Thank to all who responded.

Hershel