[thelist] JS Boolean Object...

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Dec 5 13:13:24 CST 2003

liorean wrote:

> Sam-I-Am wrote:
>
>> is there a prototypable Boolean object in javascript? News to me if so.
>
> Yes there is. I wrote together a short article about these Boolean
> object/literal differences a little quick, if you want to read it:
> <http://liorean.web-graphics.com/articles/booleanobjectliteral.html>

interesting. Particularly as you point out, when the Boolean object is
cast to a literal it always evaluates to true. That would seem to
default the purpose of having a special Boolean object no? What does a
Boolean object do, that a generic Object doesn't? Rhetorical question -
seems like it's high time I went and read the ECMA-Script spec !

Sam