[thelist] Remote client for mysql

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Dec 5 14:45:41 CST 2003

Merlene Paynter Blacha wrote:

> I'm trying to learn mysql for the first time and the book I'm using
> "Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL" by
> Sitepoint/Kevin Yank seems very straightforward.
>
> My web host has mysql with phpmyadmin but I'd like to learn mysql from
> the basics, as suggested in the book. So what I'd like to know is if
> anyone can recommend a remote client for mysql which will work on my
> home system (WinXP).

Uh, A) why not just install MySQL locally, and B) the mysql client
*is* a remote client.

However, using it as a remote client assumes that the remote server
allows connections from other than 'localhost' -- which in the case
of a Web hosting company probably isn't true :-)

Installing on your own desktop is the best approach.

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.