[thelist] Re: Line of text cut in half when printing in Win IE6

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Sun Dec 7 11:31:28 CST 2003

********

********

>John C Bullas wrote:
>Can you avoid it on your own pages with page breaks for printing in
CSS?

>page-break-before/after {property}
>
>style type="page-break-before: always"
>style type="page-break-after: auto"
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328673&Product=
ie600
>"Tables Truncated When You Print from Internet Explorer 6.0"
>
>FB
>
>Googling was a waste of time... but if anyone has more tenacity they
might
>find a way around it?
>Nothing on the MS groups..... posted a message though
********

It may be a normal misbehaviour, but there must be some combination of
markup that "causes" it.

This came up when one of my clients asked if I could find a solution.
The
problem occurs about 20% of the time in some of their current
dynamically
generated pages. I'm hoping it will be okay in a few weeks once they're
able to switch over to the new markup I recently provided, but since I
don't know what causes the problem, I can't be sure it won't pop up
again.
I can't *make* it happen on the new pages, but it seems it would be
useful
to know the cause and if there's a solution.

::. clive