[thelist] Database schema

Cosmin G cosming at as.ro
Tue Dec 9 05:34:33 CST 2003

Hi. I've been asked to develop a database for a computer website. Right now
I have the following tables:
categories (1 - cpu's, 2 - hard-drives, )
producer
product
exchange rate
All products have some common values (price, warranty period, description)
and there are some fields which are product specific (such as cpu frequency,
cpu cache memory, etc). Right now I've stored all the product specific
fields in the products table and prefixed them with the name of the category
they refer to. Is this a good approach or should I put them in separate
tables? The table is getting pretty unmanageable already.