[thelist] Graphics Art Question - Fireworks MX

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Dec 9 11:09:34 CST 2003

> I have an image in Fireworks MX (PC) and I have two options on the marquee
> tool: square and circle. However, I want a marquee selection that has
> rounded corners.

Haven't done this before in fireworks, but could you use the rounded corner
vector tool and turn that into a mask instead? Then either use the mask as
needed or flatten the mask, you can then use the magic wand tool to select
the mask - which is a rounded corner box.

benjer,

Wow, I haven't thought about that way. Neat. In fact, you can even do more
complex shapes this way. Make a bunch of polygons, union all the paths fill
with a solid color, then mask out the extra information.

Thanks!

Rob