[thelist] Change Iframe background colour

Ben Morrison ben.morrison at dogstardesign.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 06:34:11 CST 2003

Ive been googling away for over an hour now and cant find a x-browser
solution to change the background colour of an iframe, ie seems to work
fine, but no luck in safari, here is my current code:

function change_background() {
    document.frames.subscribe.document.body.style.backgroundColor="#CCFF66";
}

<iframe src="subscribe.htm" id="subscribe" name="subscribe"></iframe>

I have tried (with no results):

document.getElementById('subscribe').style.background="#CCFF66";

I also tried using css to set the iframe properties:

#subscribe{
    background:#CCFF66;
}

iframe {
   background:#CCFF66;
}

Any pointers much apreciated, I have read that the *new* version of safari
will support iframe transparency.

benjer