[thelist] Help with Javascript

Chris Rosser chris.rosser at codemasters.com
Wed Dec 10 09:56:49 CST 2003

Hershel,

>Most people here? I am not certain about that. I built a dynamic menu
system
>with a tabbed interface look and my boss said that this new front-end
>interface put us over the competition.

There's a major difference between using DHTML purely for aesthetics (e.g.
faded text effects!) and using DHTML to add functionality...

DHTML can be a great advantage where it genuinely adds useful features to a
site, and is cross-browser compatible. However the majority of effects and
scrollers you find at sites like dynamicdrive.com add nothing to the user
experience, and seldom work across all browsers.

Chris
}:)

the system manager.