[thelist] Help with Javascript

Dan Leonard dleonard56 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 10 10:28:25 CST 2003

Hershel Robinson wrote:

>>>how about simply removing it?  I think i speak for most people here
>>>when I say i hate dhtml stuff.
>>>

>Most people here? I am not certain about that. I built a dynamic menu system
>with a tabbed interface look and my boss said that this new front-end
>interface put us over the competition. And this is in the (staid) finance
>industry.
>
>DHTML can be your friend. :)
>
>Hershel

Hi Hershel,

My bad! In an attempt to trim my reply, I left out the beginning of
Andrew's reply where he stated:

"Sometimes the "dhtml stuff" as you call it, can be useful.  Like most things
out there, it is not the tool, but the application of it that makes all the
difference.

There are a lot of sites out there that have benefited in one way or another
from careful application of these scripts.  However, I must conceed, that
the fading menu is a bit over the top  "

Sounds like you and Andrew are in agreement about DHTML having its
usefulness for certain functions -- and I can see his point about
perhaps not using it for gimmicky things like fading text, etc.

Sorry for the confusion,
Dan