[thelist] Re: GoLive Global Functions?

Pauline Caldwell lauragais at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 11 01:59:19 CST 2003

>> A client of mine was going through a web directory and found a
JavaScript
>> file titled "CSScriptLib.js" and has the following comments at
the top of
>> the page:
>>
>> // -- Adobe GoLive JavaScript Library
>> // -- Global Functions
>>
>> The page essentially contains only functions. Does anyone know
what GoLive
>> uses these for? Are they parts of canned scripts to add to web
pages or are
>> they just needed for GoLive to function?
>>
>> I've never used the program before, but the site was originally
built with
>> GL. Is it safe to delete this file if my client isn't using
GoLive? He
>> doesn1t want any on-page scripts to break if this page is
required (I don't
>> have access to the site itself, so I can't be sure if the
functions are
>> used).

The file needs to be uploaded with the site. It’s GoLive’s
complete global javascripts file, and it should have been
‘flattened’ when the site was uploaded. In GL, flattening that
file removes all the scripts that aren’t used in the site - you
only upload what’s actually used. It sounds like the original
designer didn’t do that - it should have been done.

Pauline