[thelist] Site check - with a twist

Ben Morrison ben.morrison at dogstardesign.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 03:48:31 CST 2003

On 12/12/03 3:12 am, "Gary McPherson" <lists at ingenyus.net> wrote:

> 1. Functionality

A search would help. Aso being able to see the nav, but u know this.
Differing page widths, ie: landlords takes up the whole width.

> 2. Usability

Ahem. The top nav changes on different pages. Java takes an age to load on
home page. The ipix viewer (with ironic fast written underneath it) takes
ages, serves no purpose - here is the inside of *A* room, great.

> 3. Accessibility
See above, scrolling message in status bar - users like to see where they
are going. Not really accessible at all.

> 4. Aesthetics

That huge top frame - really no need for the height of it (the frame itself
is another issue). Horrid background image, looks like it hasn¹t loaded
properly. Why would I want a mobile phone or playstation, I want somewhere
to rent/let. Oh just realised its for sending sms, instantly thought it was
some mobile deal and ignored it.

Doesn¹t look at all professional, I wouldn¹t want to put my flat up on the
site for potential tenants.

> 5. Miscellaneous

Javasctript:

alert("The Programming behind this web site is copyrighted, any one found
copying the coding will be prosecuted propertiesuncovered.com 2000.");

Well never seen aything like that b4.

> Right, I'd better give you that URL now, hadn't I? It's at
> http://www.propertiesuncovered.com
>
> Oh - yes, this is a live website intended to do business and no, he's
> not a professional developer. Have fun and many thanks for your time and
> honesty.

I could go on, but really have to finish a website today,

Good luck.

benjer