[thelist] a portfolio of web work?

mike karthauser mikek at brightstorm.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 05:36:28 CST 2003

On 13 Dec 2003, at 02:06, Ryan Tames wrote:

> Burning a Cd for each of the sites, well, kinda sucks. Instead
> burn one DVD. You can have:
>
> -- an initial intro,
> -- its interactive, thus, you can have numerous amounts of information.
> -- video/audio: explaining the details, in a sub menu.
>
> its a great idea, the show more then just your design skills. it also
> shows that your up with future technology. and really, you can
> personalize it
> as little or as much as you want.

Great Idea, but what's wrong with a CD? I'd be surprised if your
portfolio is over 600Mb? We host 20 client sites on our servers and the
sites only use around 250Mb if that.

I'm happy with looking at personal websites if we are recruiting people
who are developers and designers. If you are planning to do a CD
portfolio - make sure the viewer gets the point in less than 10
minutes. You may feel that you want to put in as much detail as you
can, but there is such a thing as overkill.

I normally spend less than 15 minutes looking at applicants CV's,
portfolio's and websites - time is precious, don't waste it.

--
Mike Karthauser
Managing Director - Brightstorm Ltd

Email       >> mikek at brightstorm.co.uk