[thelist] Popups too

Ryan Tames rytames at telusplanet.net
Mon Dec 15 10:16:04 CST 2003

On 15 Dec 2003 at 10:27, john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

Oh, you mean netsend?

open the network dialog properties box for the internet connection,
and uncheck:

-- client for Microsoft networks,
-- file and Printer Sharing,
-- NetBEUI Protocol,

close the dialog, and maybe reboot.

if netbios and ms networks is actually needed over the internet,
then just block the netsend port. But still... unchecking and disabling
(don't uninstall) will save you from some worms and viruses too; Plus
some system cracks.