[thelist] Outlook printing broken images

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 15 15:46:37 CST 2003

> From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>
[...]
> so, let's say i send you an HTML-formatted receipt with the
> company logo in it, referenced from a web page (as opposed to
> being included in the message as an attachment)...
[...]
> but when you print it from Outlook, if you're running IE5.5, the image
> shows up as a broken image icon...
[...]

guess what i'm doing... i'm answering my own question... imagine
that... can you tell i sent too soon in my google hunt?  and stef,
good idea (your message hasn't gotten to me, i saw it in the
archives), but sadly that ain't it...

and sadly, it doesn't look like i can get around this problem with
code (yet), and i don't like having to tell users to upgrade...

============

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271562

HTML Messages with Pictures Do Not Print Correctly After You
Install Internet Explorer 5.5 SP1 or 6.0

SYMPTOMS
When you print a HTML message with pictures from the Internet in
Microsoft Outlook 2000, the pictures may not print correctly or may
not print at all. This issue typically occurs after you install Internet
Explorer version 5.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Internet Explorer
version 6.0.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, obtain the latest service pack for Internet
Explorer 6.0. If you are running Internet Explorer 5.5, obtain and
install the following hotfix.

Note You will also need the supported fix for Outlook 2000.

--
my latest book project:
  Web Graphics for Non-Designers