[thelist] HTML Layout

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Tue Dec 16 08:28:53 CST 2003

--------------- Marcus Andersson wrote: ---------------

: I have to make a layout with either HTML4 Strict or XHTML1 Strict
: (I guess it's more or less the same rules...) and target browsers
: are IE6 and later versions of Firebird.
:
: I think the layout should be done pretty easily but I haven't
: managed to get it right. The spec is short:
: - One row (or box) that is 20px high and 100% wide
: - One row that fills the rest of the browser screen
:
: How do I accomplish this? It doesn't matter if tables or anything
: else is used. I just want to make it work
:
: /Marcus

Marcus,
  I believe this:

http://www.mechavox.com/sandbox/therestofit.html

should get you most of the way to where you want to go.

hth'd,
Stephen
http://www.mechavox.com/