[thelist] Opposite of nowrap

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 17 08:53:26 CST 2003

There are various methods to specify a nowrap property on text. Is
there the opposite? I have a form that retrieves results and sometimes
there are things like URLs that are way too long for the space and it
breaks the layout. I'd like the text to break anywhere it needs to so
it will fit. Or at the very least, specify it's ok to break on other
non-letter characters besides the hyphen.

I tried using javascript to add "\n" as needed, but that effort was
iffy. Maybe there is some better javascript already written, or a CSS
or HTML property I haven't heard of?

And no, something like tinyurl isn't an option. It isn't always URLs
for one thing.