[thelist] Opposite of nowrap

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Wed Dec 17 10:09:21 CST 2003

Possibilities:

‌ ‌ "zero width non-joiner"

    "thin space"

HTML also includes the POORLY SUPPORTED ­ character, which some
browsers treat as an "optional hyphen" (allows the word to break there
and shows a hyphen _if_ it does), and others treat as a regular hyphen
(always displays as a hyphen).  Because of the inconsistent support,
(caused largely by the fact that there is no real consensus as to how
this _should_ display), ­ should probably not be used.

Steve