[thelist] statistics on the "links" toolbar?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 09:57:18 CST 2003

Hi folks,

We're currently redesigning a site that has a critical element near
the fold. They are most concerned about our 800 x 600 users (around
45% of our base.)

Basically the tip of the merchandising offer is visible in 800x600
when the LINKS toolbar is *NOT* present. If it is, then its gone
altogether (which is a bad thing).

My question is if anyone has a feel for how many people really use
the links toolbar. It's not a reported stat in the user-agent (so far
as I know). I know I use it, it seems like if people know about it
and what it does, they use it. However, I think the default install
is without it.

I think NS has a bit more space than IE, but I'm primarily concerned
with IE (95+% of our users)

Thanks

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

[Those who say that I am finished, and am through, will have to run over my dead body to beat me...]