[thelist] "Notifying" search engines (was: Cheating Google?)

Mark Howells mark at mark.ac
Sun Dec 21 09:05:31 CST 2003

Oh, and another point.  The best ways to get a site listed in search
engines are;

1.  Provide decent content, with plenty of legible text and
semantically correct headings (using HTML header tags).

2.  All you have to do to get the site listed in search engines is to
place a link on an existing website, referencing the new site.

By following both of these rules, and within two days of placing links
in my own journal to a new corporate website I've been working on, it
was listed right at the top of Google's results, without any extra work
AT ALL;

http://www.google.com/search?q=Gossweiler+Media
http://www.google.com/search?q=Jungfrau+Zeitung
http://www.google.com/search?q=bistrotel+brienz