[thelist] Free web-based database?

Andy Budd andy at message.uk.com
Mon Dec 22 11:55:08 CST 2003

Scott Rutledge wrote:

> Does anyone know of any web-based database that's free (or super-cheap)
> that I could use for incorporating very simple database listings and
> editing onto a site?  We're talking like simple organization member
> contact info here... I'm doing some work for a non-profit that can't
> afford the costs of even a MySQL ($500 now)....

 From the MySQL licence policy

"As long as you never distribute MySQL software (or software that
forms a derivative work with MySQL software) in any way, you are free
to use it for powering your application, irrespective of the license
the application is under."

http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing.html

Andy Budd

http://www.message.uk.com/