[thelist] Escaping "</textarea>"

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Mon Dec 22 15:50:37 CST 2003

Tab Alleman wrote:
> Damien COLA wrote:
>> there's always a way ;-)
>> use HTML entities/characters
>> I don't know what is the code for < and / and > but you can google
>> for it easily.
>
> I was afraid they wouldn't work inside a textarea... I don't want the
> textarea to display "&lt;/textarea&gt;" after all.  I *need* it to
> display "</textarea>"...I'll try it though.

It worked...I'll be dammed.

Now of course, this begs the question how would I get a textarea to
contain "&lt;" as a literal string of characters and not have it display
a "<", but I don't want rocks thrown at me, so I won't ask.  : )
(actually, I suppose "&amp;lt;" would do it, huh?  What a PITA...lol)